Welcome to our blog, inspired by Pogginz™ helmet accessories and powered with lots of exercise and coffee. I am Claire, the founder of Pogginz- a line of fun sparkly helmet accessories for ANY kind of sport helmet. It’s great to meet you! I came up with the idea for these while riding my own bike (and honestly for my own helmet). I quickly realized this could be a way to help get kids back outside, active, happy and safe…all things I really believe in!
Who Am I
I am a wife, mother of 2 awesome teens (most of the time), veteran homeschool mom, fitness geek with a background in nursing. I am creating this blog as a sidekick to my business but honestly am just as excited about this as I am running Pogginz. You see, I spent a lot of my childhood sick- nothing serious, just lots of Strep Throat, ear infections, upper respiratory, etc. After I had my first child I decided it was time to get myself healthy and do the same for my kids. That was 18 years ago and since then fitness, nutrition and anything that keeps us feeling strong and healthy have become a passion of mine. I can’t wait to share what has worked (and what hasn’t) as well as valuable resources I gather along the way. We will be talking about fitness, food and fresh air well as some product recommendations that help keep our families healthy and happy.
My Favorite Ways to Move
- Running- this sport did NOT come easily for me and I will be talking at some point about how I built it up
- Swimming- like meditation for me
- Biking- any time anywhere (with my helmet and Pogginz of course)
- Yoga- hot or not, either way I get a good sweat going with this
- Hiking- if it’s pretty
- Paddling- paddle boarding or kayaking when I get the chance
- Coffee- real cream and raw sugar (cannot imagine anything else in my coffee)
- Soup- I don’t know why but I love them all! Also great way to sneak in some veggies with handheld blender for those picky eaters)
- Salads- hold the goat cheese please
- Anything salty
- Oatmeal piled high with fruit and nuts
- A good steak on the grill- with red wine of course
- Coffee Ice Cream (big surprise)
- Very salty potato chips
- McDonald’s French fries
- A warm cookie right out of the oven
- A morning on the couch in my bathrobe with coffee and newspaper
How To Get In Touch
Join us for lots of great resources and a few good laughs in 2016.
Life is too short not to enjoy the ride!